If there’s one thing I cannot stop doing lately it has to be showing gratitude for every tinnie tiny thing that happens or that I think about at random so I thought it would be appropriate for me to do a Gratitude post for my 22nd birthday. Just like everyone, my life isn’t purely great but it sure does make me happy when I think of everything I have and every situation that has happened in my life that turned out to be a blessing in disguise or made me realise that things not working my way teach me better methods of doing things.
This year I turned 22, well today at 02.20am (or 02.25… mom is still unsure about when I was born hey). Honestly I feel like 22 and 23 are such weird ages – am I a baby or a full-grown adult? Am I supposed to have my shit together or can I still mindlessly run for a jumping castle when I see one? Haha. Enough about this though, here are the 22 Things I Am Grateful For…
- Endless opportunities that keep presenting themselves in my life.
- Friends I have made over social media through blogging who give me a sense of belonging.
- The growth of my blog which has helped build my confidence in writing.
- The beauty of nature and how it calms me down when I am overwhelmed.
- My ability to think and only focus on what I love to do.
- My sister who understands me and always there when I need to talk.
- My brother who is very protective of me and supports all my ideas and decisions.
- My mother who goes out of her way to make her children happy.
- My cell phone for connecting me with friends and family no matter how far they are.
- The internet for feeding my brain with helpful information every single day.
- My past for teaching me more than I learnt in high school and in university.
- Having enough courage to complete my degree even when it took a toll on me.
- Loyal subscribers to my blog that encourage me to keep going.
- Having a beautiful place to call home and food available everyday.
- Being able to see, hear, speak, walk and use my hands.
- Music for catering to every kind of person and lifting my mood when I am down.
- My friends for being consistent in supporting me and boosting my self-esteem.
- My friend, Amanda, for tolerating my nonsense for 12 years.
- Coming back home safe and sound every day.
- Getting the opportunity to watch my all-time favourite artist (Lauryn Hill) perform live.
- Strangers who throw around genuine compliments and keep it moving.
- Inspiration for never forsaking me, I always have something in mind to create or do.
That’s it for now,
NEW VIDEO – Miseducation of Lauryn Hill 20th Anniversary Tour, Johannesburg | Travel Documentary