Some of us really don’t have time to exercise, on the other hand, we really want to exercise. When you want to do something you make time for it right? Right. But scheduling for a work-out doesn’t help if you are half dedicated and half not because you are busy or a lazy person. With me, combing my hair is enough exercising for the day.
Then you get these 30 day workout plans telling you to do 25 seconds planks, 50 sit-ups and 35 squats a day. What? I moan and groan just to pick up my phone after it had fallen, how could I possibly manage to do 3 sit-ups?
We desperately want that body we always fantasize about but merely getting up from our beds to do at least one lunge is just too much. Besides working out though, how can we ever resist the aroma of food? Being a lazy and busy person myself, I feel like I qualify to give you ideas on how you can effortlessly exercise and eat healthy:
- Walk 1 km once every 2 days. Use the Fitbit app which will calculate the distance you walked, steps you took, how long the walk was and how many calories you burnt. If you fear walking around with a phone then walk with a friend – depending on how juicy your conversation is, you might just end up walking 4km and you won’t even be aware of that.
- Choose 3 of your favourite songs from your playlist and dance throughout the songs. By ‘dance’ I don’t necessarily mean something serious, what matters is that you keep moving. Do jumps to the beat, slide, roll, swing your arms – just don’t stop moving. Take a minute break between your songs. If you pretend as though you are performing for a live audience, you will forget about the real reason as to why you are dancing and focus more on impressing your crowd. Not only will this method help you sweat, it will also change your mood if you had a long day. (Be sure to do a curtsey when you are done)
- Drink water. A LOT of water! When you wake up, drink water and after a shower, drink water. Drinking a glass or 2 of water before every meal helps with digesting your food which means you will probably need to spend more intimate quality time with the toilet… which is good.
- When we get bored we eat right? Substitute your Doritos and Maynards with fruits – they are healthier than junk and much tastier too. I mean, the mere fact that they grow naturally should be a good enough reason for you to trust fruits with your health. They come with all sorts of vitamins and minerals. They do not say “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” for nothing.
- Take multi-vitamins such as NovaVit Plus. You could be the laziest and busiest person on Earth but you can never be too busy to swallow (a pill)! See all the benefits of it here.